It was in December... My family and I went on a Cruise for the holidays. It was just the three of us. My Mother, Father, and me...Ai. I was at the age of twelve. The ship was big, and decorated fit for the holidays. I was excited, dancing around with my ballet shoes on. They were a present from my parents. I acted like any other twelve year old would have. Full of adventure, and mystery. I remember being very happy, and warm. Even while it was snowing. I loved Christmas, the greatest time of the year. I was dancing around listening to Christmas music, and shacking my bell bracelet to match with the chime of the song. But that's when we hit an ice burg... and I slipped by the rail. There was a boy who happen to catch my arm, but all he could manage to grab was my bracelet. I fell over board... When I was falling something went wrong on board. It burst into flames... and that's how I lost my sight...and my parents...
But it's been four years since then... not a day has passed that I haven't thought about my parents, or the boy who tried to save me. I've been living with my Grandmother, my Mother's mother. She treated me as if I was her own daughter. The only thing that reminds me that that night existed is my loss of sight, and my ballet shoes that I keep so dear to me. The only thing I have left of my parents. I still manage to see without my eyes working the same way as they did. My other senses are stronger now, so I still know whats around me. I've lost so much, I don't know why I keep living... I think I tell myself it's for my parent's sake, and that's why I keep dancing. The one talent they loved to watch me do. I miss them so much, but the pain is getting easier to manage....
A.zombie.grl

No comments:
Post a Comment